As expected, most students found the examination hard to crack.
“Unlike the JEE examination, it was tough this time and there was negative marking for some of the questions and I found that quite unexpected. I found the multiple-objective question answer portion to be the most difficult.
“Students taking the exam in the future should not lose touch with the syllabus and get caught up in vacation time because this exam is a good two months after the boards,” said a city-based student, Sudheendra R, who scored 95.83% in the 12th board exams and secured a score of 240 in the JEE Main.
L Subramanian, a student from Delhi Public School, South, who has scored 91.6% in the 12th boards, said the many mock tests he took before the examination helped him tackle the JEE Advanced.
“I would say that the examination was actually not as difficult as I had expected it to be. In fact, the several mock tests I took were harder than this exam and I had also mentally prepared for negative marking,” he said.
Subramanian, a student of TIME institute, said he is planning to applying to IIT Madras if he clears the exam.
“As we had some time after the boards, I was able to study more and prepare better for this examination, but I found maths question rather hard,” he said.
