We have a situation where we have seven IIT Directors who could defend IITs facing 25 Babus appointed by HRD. Of the seven we now know only two endorsed the proposal and five opposed it.
How unanimous is this Decision to introduce a Common Entrance exam Nantionally ?
Just have a look at the composition of IIT Council.
In Matters of conscience the law of Majority has no Place
Will some one please tell our HRD Minister this .
IIT Council (common for all IITs) with following members
Sr. Position Numbers
1. The Minister in charge of technical education in the Central Govt. 1
2. Chairman of each Institute 7
3. Director of each Institute 7
4. Chairman UGC 1
5. Director General, CSIR 1
6. Chairman, IISc 1
7. Director, IISc 1
8. Nominees of the Central Government 3
9. Nominee of AICTE 1
10. Nominees of the visitor 3-5
11. Members of the Parliament 3
12. Council Secretary (Jt. Secretary, MHRD) 1